Create a Blank Jekyll Site
To create a new blank Jekyll site without any pre-installed themes:
- In a terminal or command line window, run the command
jekyll new sitename --blank (replace
newsite with the name of your site).
cd to your new website folder.
- To install a Gemfile in your website directory, in a terminal or command line window, enter
bundle init. This will create your Gemfile for you.
- To add Jekyll as a dependency, enter
bundle add jekyll.
- If you are using Ruby version 3.0.0 or higher: Add webrick to your dependencies with the command
bundle add webrick. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- To serve your website locally, enter
bundle exec jekyll serve.
- Go to your website at